Participants in a Yoga Wellness Therapeutic Class can expect to:
- enhance breath and body awareness
- improve function, range of motion and balance
- increase circulation
- enhance flexibility
- reduce pain
- release chronic contraction
- stabilize what is unstable and strengthen what is weak
- experience relaxation through meditation
Therapeutic Classes include:
- a focus on the function of a pose as opposed to form
- careful attention to sequencing, designed to achieve specific outcomes for each practice
- use of repetition in and out of the posture in addition to holding postures
- an emphasis on breath as the medium for movement in posture and the science of adapting the pattern of breathing to produce different effects
- resting comfortably in a posture to deepen muscular release and rehabilitate connective tissue
- use of asymmetrical postures to protect the spine and rebalance muscle patterning
- focus on sequences to strengthen the muscular structure supporting the neck/shoulders, back and hips/pelvis
- self healing practices
- body knowledge and awareness techniques
A therapeutic practice is largely a combination of Vini, Yin and Yang, Vinyasa and Shiatsu yoga synchronized with the breath.
Viniyoga means "appropriate application" or "to notice and begin where you are right now". It is a therapeutic specific practice that addresses the muscular structure, physiological and emotional body.
Yin and Yang is from Taoist yoga and is excellent for releasing connective tissue and building muscle.
Vinyasa is movement and sequence methodology. Shiatsu incorporates range of movement that gently massages the body, and includes self-acupressure and massage techniques.
Register Now - See Schedule & Registration information